...NEWS, POLITICS, LIFE AND BROOKLYN.

Monday, February 23, 2009

THE LATEST SONG STUCK IN MY HEAD: Who Do You Think You Are?



The latest song stuck in my head got there thanks to the people at Time-Warner Cable. Half asleep, I perk up when I hear Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods on the 70's channel. When I was younger, I never really knew who sung "Who Do You Think You Are?" Now I do and I can't get it out of my head. All this time, I was convinced the Heywoods were a one-hit-wonder, but alas, they had several Top 40 hits, their most famous, "Billy Don't Be A Hero." That song sold three-million copies.



For some reason, "Who Do You Think You Are," never resonated with radio stations or record promoters, but it's one catchy little ditty. But, like it was yesterday I can remember the song coming out of the car radio in my Dad's car driving down to the Jersey shore in 1974. I was 13-years-old then, which I think is the age that songs are emblazoned in our minds. That's also about the time when we start singing along with the songs, like the dorks with earbuds do today listening to their hip-hop music. Unfortunately, music videos didn't really exist in 1974, so the best I could do was snatch this video tribute to the band from YouTube. So, now Bo Donaldson can be in your head, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say.....say it now. Please be advised if your comment is crude, mean spirited or otherwize obscene or libelous, you won't see it. Otherwize, fire away and thanks for reading. George