...NEWS, POLITICS, LIFE AND BROOKLYN.

Friday, July 11, 2008

NOODLEPALOOZA II



I think next year, I'm going to make some t-shirts that read: "I survived Noodlepalooza." Throwing a party is a lot of work, even if you do hire people to staff it. The clean up is the worst. But, about 60 people packed into my Brooklyn brownstone for my second annual swoire. It was billed as Noodlepalooza II, after my beloved dachshund Noodles. Unfortunately, he's not with us anymore. Otherwize, he would have helped with the clean up!



As always, it was a great mix of friends, like my broadcast colleagues Curtis Sliwa, Babita Hariani, Debbie Duhame, Big Jay Sorensen, Anita Bonita, Famous Amos, Kramer and others. There were neighborhood buds, drinking buds and a few crazy people mixed in for good measure.
Some were hoping the subway vigalante, Bernie Getz would make a return visit. Most were praying he wouldn't. He did not. Nor did the TV personality Joe Franklin, who was with us last year.



My friend Joe, who owns a moving company brought his Doo-wop accapella group, "The Four Pops" to belt out some great tunes from the 50's and 60's. A few people remarked at how cool it was to have a band like that perform right here in Brooklyn and in a neighborhood of old Italians who love their CBS FM and it's oldies.



Fairway catered the whole shindig and this time around, we did an Asian twist on the food. Monica served up homemade Margaritas and some kick ass Mojitos. My friend Thomas did the serving and kept everything stocked and my buddy Andy pulled out his guitar to serenade us between breaks of the Four Pops.

Along the way, we had a few broken glasses, a few loud drunks and plenty of mildly fun drunks. Somehow, I stayed sober. I think I did, because I remember most of err....I mean, all of the night. I wish Noodles was there, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say.....say it now. Please be advised if your comment is crude, mean spirited or otherwize obscene or libelous, you won't see it. Otherwize, fire away and thanks for reading. George