...NEWS, POLITICS, LIFE AND BROOKLYN.

Friday, July 4, 2008

THE NYPD IS READING THIS BLOG



I've heard lots of good things about the Commanding Officer of the 76th precinct here in Brooklyn. Deputy Inspector Michael Kemper runs the house that protects my neighborhood, Carroll Gardens, as well as Cobble Hill and Red Hook. I don't think I've ever met the guy and should probably introduce myself one of these days. But, it was nice to hear from him in reaction to my April blog "CALL 911, HE STOLE MY BLACKBERRY."

I've wrote many stories about police on this blog and sometimes I'm critical of their behavior, but overall I'm one of their biggest supporters. They're not paid enough and they've got a tough job. I also generally give them the benefit of the doubt before leaping to judgement. I remember after 9-11, every cop, firefighter and member of the military I passed, I thanked. It was common for me to buy them drinks, if I spotted them in a bar and of course after the terrorist attacks, many of us spent long hours in bars. Next time you see a cop, thank them for a job well done.
Below is the email I received from Deputy Inspector Michael Kemper.

George, although it always upsets me to here about individuals falling victim to crimes, I am quite pleased to here that the response from the 76th precinct was quick and impressive. I assure you, and your readers, that the men and women assigned to the 76th precinct are true professionals who work very hard in their mission to reduce crime and improve the quality of life for the residents of their assigned precinct. It is nice to know that you feel safe having the men and women of the 76th precinct patrolling "our" streets. Thank you for your support. Sincerely, Deputy Inspector Michael Kemper, Commanding Officer, 76th precinct.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say.....say it now. Please be advised if your comment is crude, mean spirited or otherwize obscene or libelous, you won't see it. Otherwize, fire away and thanks for reading. George