...NEWS, POLITICS, LIFE AND BROOKLYN.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

INSPIRATIONAL SONG OF THE WEEK: "ME AND MY ARROW"



I know this just plain lame, but I was listening to channel 627 on Time Warner Cable. It's the 70's channel and it's the decade that musically was the most influential in my life. My radio conked out, so I turned on the T.V. and listened to one of the music channels and while I was sleeping, I was dreaming of dogs, specifically, Noodles and Romer, my two now deceased Dachshunds. Dreams are often crafted by what you're listening to and in this case it was Harry Nilsson's 1971 hit song, "Me and My Arrow," a song about a dog named "Arrow."

This is now the song that I can't get out of my head and so I've decided to torture you by implanting it now ....in your head. I've even enclosed the lyrics so you can sing along at home. What follows is a YouTube video of the song put together by a dog loving contributor, who has attached a montage of doggie photos to go along with the song. I now present to you....."Me and My Arrow."



Me and my arrow
Straighter than narrow
Wherever we go, every one knows
It's me and my arrow

Me and my arrow
Taking the high road
Wherever we go, everyone knows
It's me and my arrow

And in the morning when I wake up
She may be gone, I don't know
And we make up just to break up
I'll carry on, oh yes I will

{refrain}
Me and my arrow
(do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do)
Straighter than narrow
Wherever we go, every one knows
It's me and my arrow

Me and my arrow (5X)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say.....say it now. Please be advised if your comment is crude, mean spirited or otherwize obscene or libelous, you won't see it. Otherwize, fire away and thanks for reading. George