...NEWS, POLITICS, LIFE AND BROOKLYN.

Monday, March 2, 2009

BIG DUMP 08'



Finally, snow, glorious, fluffy white snow. Some people love snow. Some people don't. I'm one of the lovers, because I find it not only beautiful, but as a newsman I enjoy watching the misery of others who actually try to drive in this stuff. Others who enjoy a big NorEaster' like the one that slammed Philadelphia, New York and Boston are school children. New York City declared a rare snow day. Not only that teenagers can pick up a few extra bucks, shoveling people's sidewalks and driveways.

Those who don't like a foot of snow, are people who have to work in it, like construction workers and public bus drivers. Cop like it, because snow keeps the crime down, although accidents go up. Bartenders don't like snow storms, because no one wants to come out to have a drink in this sort of weather.



I was going to watch "Slumdog Millionaire" today at the neighborhood theater, but I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to trek through more than a half foot to get there. I'm very content playing on the computer and writing stupid stories like this, so I might just sit here blogging all day. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say.....say it now. Please be advised if your comment is crude, mean spirited or otherwize obscene or libelous, you won't see it. Otherwize, fire away and thanks for reading. George