...NEWS, POLITICS, LIFE AND BROOKLYN.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

RANDOM, WANDERING THOUGHTS.....

* It's frickin freezing outside this morning. 12 degrees here in Brooklyn. I'm waiting for the weekend. 50's and 60's in the forecast.



* I'm so broke, I've stopped buying cups of coffee. A 13OZ can of Folger's was on sale in the neighborhood for $2.29. That' ll save me, ready......over $1,500 a year!



* If you have Verizon Wireless. Don't ever get the DARE touch-screen phone. Looks nice, but it sucks.



* Time Warner Cable tells me with basic cable service I can't use my DVR. They say it doesn't work with the scaled down service. I was supposed to drop the DVR off at one of their offices on Saturday, but it was snowing. I still have it and guess what, it's still recording shows!

* I'm a little concerned: The DOW fell below 7000, half of what it once was. When I worked at WABC, we were owned by Citadel Broadcasting. Their stock is now .09 cents a share and have been de-listed by the NYSE.



* Question? If second-hand smoke is so bad for you, why don't smoke detectors go off, even if 100 people are smoking cigarettes in your home?





* Big announcement: I am not the 212-million dollar winner of the Mega Millions jackpot, even though I bought 15 tickets. One of my tickets hit the Mega Ball #10.
Today, I am $2.00 richer. I will buy a cup of coffee today!

* I just made a giant pot of chicken vegetable soup, but I used too much water, so it wasn't as chickeny as I would have liked. I cheated and added canned stock.

* Someone I know was banned for life from a local bar for inappropriately touching one of the bartenders. He's a very well known person in education circles.



* Some lady just emailed me from Indonesia asking whether she should deposit $5,000 in an Ivory Coast bank, in order to get 2.5 million dollars from a relative she never heard of. She was about to do it. I talked her out of it. I blogged about this sort of scam earlier and I'm glad she read it. She told me if she made the deposit, she would have five dollars to her name.

* I never told anyone, but my parents know, I have stinky feet. My arm pits, though are fresh as a daisy!

* A few weeks ago I cashed in three coffee cans of collected coins, all denominations. I made $322.00.

* My dryer just broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say.....say it now. Please be advised if your comment is crude, mean spirited or otherwize obscene or libelous, you won't see it. Otherwize, fire away and thanks for reading. George