...NEWS, POLITICS, LIFE AND BROOKLYN.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I JUST LOVE THESE SCAM EMAIL LETTERS

I wrote about this in length some time ago, but I still marvel at how popular these scam letters have become. Some people must be biting, otherwise they wouldn't be so prevalent. Basically, these are poor folks in African countries who concoct a story in hopes of convincing you that in return for some cash to take care of incidentals, they'll bestow upon you a boat load of money from a dead relative. It starts with a letter like the one below and is often followed up by other emails and a phone call or two to complete the "deal."

Dear Beloved one,

Based on your profile, l am happy to request for your assistance because I beleive that you are not going to betray the trust which I am going to lay on you, Hope all is well with you and Other members of your family.

My name is Miss Bintu Mohammed, the only daughter of my late parents Mr.and Mrs Mohammed. My father was a highly reputable busnness magnet-(a cocoa merchant) who operated in the capital of Ivory coast during his days. It is sad to say that he passed away mysteriously in France during one of his business trips abroad on 12th.November 2007.Though his sudden death was linked or rather suspected to have been masterminded by an uncle of his who travelled with him at that time, but God knows the truth!

Though I have not meet with you before but I believe, one has to risk confiding in succeed sometimes in life. There is this huge amount of Six million five hundred thousand U.S dollars ($6.5m) which my late Father Mr.Camara Mohammed kept for me with one trunk box in a Security Company here in my country. My father told me that I should not let any of our relations to know about this money because he was kiled by them and if they know about it, that they will do nothing but to kill me in other to take hold of every thing, He told me that I should seek for a foriegn partner abroad who will help me transfer this money to his or her account in abroad and also travel with him or her in other to continue my Life and Education and also to start a Bussines relationship with the person whom can take care of me in the future

I am just a university undergraduate and really don't know what to do. this is because I have suffered a lot of set backs as a result of incessant political crisis here in Ivory coast. The death of my father actually brought sorrow to my life, My dear, I am in a sincere desire of your humble assistance in this regards and your suggestions and ideas will be highly regarded.

Now permit me to ask these few questions:

1. Can I completely trust you?
2.Can you accept me as your own blood Sister (Or Daughter)?
3.What percentage of the total amount in question will be good for you?

Consider this and get back to me as soon as possible with your full assurance that you will not disapoint me in this issue so that i can give you the contact of the Security Company where my late Father deposited the box for you to contact them to retrieve the box and transfer it to you in your country,

Thank you so much for your understanding and may almighty God bless you and your Family to the Glory of God Almighty.

My sincere regards,
Miss Bintu Mohammed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say.....say it now. Please be advised if your comment is crude, mean spirited or otherwize obscene or libelous, you won't see it. Otherwize, fire away and thanks for reading. George