...NEWS, POLITICS, LIFE AND BROOKLYN.

Monday, December 8, 2008

I CAN'T GET THIS SONG OUT OF MY HEAD




Coldplay's Viva La Vida is still playing in my head. I was at Angry Wade's the other night and Vanessa the bartender cranked it up on her Ipod. A few months ago, I downloaded it to my Ipod and as many times as I hear it, the song never gets old.

Coldplay could be the big winners at this year's Grammy awards. They're up for no less than five nominations: Album of the year, Best pop performance, Record of the year, Song of the year and Best rock album.

Funny, though, every time I hear "Viva la Vida", I hear it as a Christmas song. It has an upbeat, cheerful kind of holiday ring to it. Below are the lyrics from the song's refrain:

"I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing
Roman Cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can't explain
Once you know there was never, never an honest word
That was when I ruled the world"


I could imagine a Christmas version might go something like this:

"I hear Christmas bell are ringing.
The Harlem boys choir is singing.
Be my mirror my lord my shield.
for some its a season I can't explain.
Once you know there was always, always the lord's prayer
That was when I knew Jesus ruled the world."




Okay, so it needs some work. But, I hear something like that in my head this Christmas season. Try using my lyrics when you play the youtube version of "Viva La Vida." It'll put you in the holiday spirit. Also for one person's analysis of the song's meaning you can check out this link. The theory is that the song does speak positively about Christianity and specifically Jesus Christ. You can read about here at yahoo answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say.....say it now. Please be advised if your comment is crude, mean spirited or otherwize obscene or libelous, you won't see it. Otherwize, fire away and thanks for reading. George