...NEWS, POLITICS, LIFE AND BROOKLYN.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

SNOW, FAMILY AND DREAMING OF A WHITE CHRISTMAS



I'm dreaming of a White Christmas, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. After two small-ish storms and a couple of inches of snow, the outlook for a snowfall in time for Christmas looks bleak. In fact, in suburban Philadelphia, where I'll be spending a few days with family, the mercury is expected to soar to near 50-degrees.

That's okay. The snow we had this past week was fine. It put me in the Christmas spirit....and as much as I don't like hearing Christmas music before the eve of the holy day, it was nice hearing the tunes blaring from the speakers of the neighborhood Christmas tree dealers.



For me, Christmas is all about family. Sometimes I even get religious and go to church. If my family goes, I go. It's nice, despite my teenage hatred of the drama and minutia of the Catholic church. Too organized for me. But, then again, my parents kind of feel the same way and like my Sister and Brother-in-law, they generally attend non-denominational Christian churches. Hey, the music is better, too.



I'll be taking an early train back to Pennsylvania on Tuesday, hang out for a few days and then get back to the old, but still very rewarding grind of anchoring newscasts for ABC News Radio. I'll be back in a week or so. In the meantime, have yourself a merry little Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say.....say it now. Please be advised if your comment is crude, mean spirited or otherwize obscene or libelous, you won't see it. Otherwize, fire away and thanks for reading. George