...NEWS, POLITICS, LIFE AND BROOKLYN.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

RECESSION UPDATE: PEOPLE WILL SELL ANYTHING TO MAKE A BUCK!



They say this is a buyers market, but what I've found people selling in newspapers and online these days isn't very enticing. I've tried selling some stuff on ebay to make money, but no one was biting. I even had cool stuff, like a 1960's jukebox.
I've been scouring the classifieds for some of the best. Lots of big ticket items, like boats, appliances, living room sets and the like. But, there's stuff being sold that most people would just throw in the trash, plus a few unusual finds. So now, I present to you my Top 10 list of wacky stuff for sale.



10) CRUTCHES

Adjustable height. Metal crutches. Rarely used. LIKE NEW $10

(EDITORS NOTE: At what insurance companies charge, I suppose this is a bargain.)



9) BEETHOVEN BUST

17" h x 10" w x 7" deep. faux marble. 8 pounds. Moving, reduced to $40.

(EDITORS NOTE: Ugly, just plain ugly)



8) $38,000, BARBERSHOP FOR SALE

Extremely nice and new barbershop. Brand new handcrafted counter tops all wood. 52' samsung lcd 1080p, 26 samsung lcd 1080p in the waiting room.fully reclinable barber chairs. Flourescent lights throughout the whole cutting area(well lit). many walkins and train station travelers. New ceiling, walls and bathroom with tiled walls that is brand new. showcase window with old fashioned barber chair and old register etc.. its a must see. needs smart investor and barbers. thank you

(EDITORS NOTE: I'm guessing if this guy sold the place two years ago, it would have gone for twice as much.)



7) 2 FREE BOTTLES OF ACAI BERRY 500 DIET PILLS

I have finally hit my weight loss goal and no longer need these pills of acai berry 500. All I would like is $2 or $3 to help me out with shipping costs and you can have them. Contact me to set something up.

(EDITORS NOTE: FREE? What do you call that shipping charge?)



6) BREAST MILK FOR SALE

I am a healthy surrogate mother looking for someone to purchase my extra breast milk. I have had expensive medical testing to enter the surrogate program and I am disease free. I am a non smoker, I do not drink and I live a healthy lifestyle. I have found many places to donate my milk, but if I can sell some... why not? Just let the email subject be "breast milk". thank you.

(EDITORS NOTE: Ingenious, actually!)



5) BRASS DEER STATUE

Size: 6" at base (not counting head & antlers) Wt.: 1lb, 13oz Price: $35.00

(EDITORS NOTE: Can you say tacky! And why don't they count the height of the head and antlers?)



4) TIRES (4) $160,209

Very good 90% tread 195.59/r15 /falken Z1ex $160 209- 303-3341

(EDITORS NOTE: This price can't be right! I'm guessing the headline incorporates the $160 price and the first three digits of the phone number)



3) TIRE, SPARE, WITH 4 LUG NUTS

05/60/R15, usable tread $5

(EDITORS NOTE: Would you trust this tire?)



2) CEMETERY PLOTS

Washington Memorial Cemetery by Sea-Tac. Four family plots for sale in the Garden of Communion. Sec 15, Block 149, Lot A, Plots 1,2,3&4. Selling all four plots for $2,000.00 or $750.00 each. Normally sell for $2,995.00 each. Will consider any reasonable offer. These are available immediately. There is a transfer fee.

(EDITORS NOTE: Hmmmm. What happened here? Did the family decide NOT to die?)




1) 22 YEAR OLD MAN, TRAVIS

All I need is a confident, sweet girl!I know how to get down! Send a pic please so we can see what you look like. Listed at Atlanta, GA.

(EDITORS NOTE: Interesting, he didn't include a price for himself. Perhaps it's negotiable. But, what really impresses me is that he knows how "to get down." )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say.....say it now. Please be advised if your comment is crude, mean spirited or otherwize obscene or libelous, you won't see it. Otherwize, fire away and thanks for reading. George