...NEWS, POLITICS, LIFE AND BROOKLYN.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

"DUDE, YOU'RE SUCH A GEORGE WEBER!"

Every once in a while, I'd encourage you to do a Google search of your name. Granted, since I'm in the media, my name pops up a lot, but today I got quite the surprise. Upon doing a simple search for "George Weber," I stumbled upon this little gem, a website called "The Urban Dictionary." This is where you'd find definitions for city slang like, "Whas up," "nigga," and "420" (that's slang for marijuana.)

But, now, it seems my name is urban slang. I can't say for sure if they're referring to me, or some other George Weber. I know there is a George Weber Chevrolet in St. Louis, a jazz musician in Denver and a Presidential candidate in Missouri who uses my name. In the film, "10," Dudley Moore plays the character, George Weber. So, it could be him. Anyhow, the entry is below:

1. George Weber

ugliest state you can ever be in
dude look at that kid he is such a George Weber


For a better look, you can check out the website HERE.

The definition in the Urban Dictionary for George Weber is "the ugliest state you can be in." Alright, I'm no Adonis, but for Gods sakes, I've never been described as ugly.



Well, there was that time when I had oral surgery and my face puffed up like a balloon. Maybe that was it. Several times I've been told I have a face for radio, but that doesn't count. Does it? Maybe I've been going around all my life, thinking I'm a good looking guy, only to realize now that quietly behind my back, people have been uttering nasty insults about my appearance.
Whatever!

1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled in here somehow (searching for Dudley stuff, actually) and had to laugh at this post. Though I suppose it's not too funny not knowing if they're referring to you or not, lol! (Oops, ignore that "lol!")

    Okay, that oral surgery pic looks extremely painful. THAT should be in the urban dictionary under "pain."

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say.....say it now. Please be advised if your comment is crude, mean spirited or otherwize obscene or libelous, you won't see it. Otherwize, fire away and thanks for reading. George